April 19, 2011

Pastels & Animal Print!

Another fashion post! Bet you weren't expecting that!
Today's post is dedicated to two very popular trends: pastels and animal prints.

As far as pastels go, you want to make sure they don't wash you out. There are different "intensities" of pastel colors, so you just want to make sure the shade you're wearing isn't very close to your skin tone (talkin' about pink pastel here). Also, you might wanna consider adding a bit of "pop of color" into your outfit, while making sure that it's not too intense for the delicate feel you're mostly going for. I'd suggest browns and greys, not black.

Now, for the animal prints, there aren't really any rules except this crucial one: avoid combining different types of animal print, especially in adjacent pieces. For example, don't wear a leopard print shirt and a zebra print blazer, get it? If you're really a huge fashionista, you might get away with two different prints in your outfit, but it is not recommended.

Why did I include both of these trends in one article? Because I think they go together wonderfully! Now, I wish I mixed the different patterns and colors better while creating this outfit. If you notice, I've only got pastel blue/turquoise on my hands, and pastel pink on my upper body, same for the leopard print. But, I hope you get the general idea and intention of this outfit and I hope you like it!


Old Navy long sleeve top
$20 - oldnavy.gap.com

Dorothy Perkins grey jeans
30 GBP - dorothyperkins.com

MNG by Mango sandal heels
$94 - jcpenney.com

Forever21 canvas handbag
$23 - forever21.com

Boho bracelet
$35 - fantasyjewelrybox.com

Vintage jewelry
$24 - metroparkusa.com

TopShop hair accessory
$8 - topshop.com

MNG by Mango tortoise sunglass
$36 - jcpenney.com

Slimmer belt
20 GBP - warehouse.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Great post and good rules about the animal print. I agree!

    Nice blog, I'm following you now

    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in California
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete