May 25, 2012

Here comes the sunshine...

Today, I had a massive reality check.

As you might have read earlier, I felt like I was having a pretty shitty last couple of weeks.
The breakup has really been hard to handle and any other obstacle I was faced with seemed to be like a mountain.


Well you know what? I just realized all of this is ridiculous.
I mean, yeah, breaking up with my ex and seeing how awful he's feeling now makes me really sad and I wish I could help.
But I realized that life is short, and it's worth living to the fullest. If you ask me now, I'll say that there's no point in dwelling on the past and being all depressed about something you can't do anything about.
You either seize the day, seize the opportunity to improve your situation, or you let it go.
Right now, there is not much I can do to help my ex, as a matter of fact, I'm probably gonna do him more harm if I try.
Therefore, dwelling on the pain and sorrow I feel is unnecessary.
"Live life as a work of art". It's the sentence I wanted to tattoo on my ribs... Heck, crying and being all depressed 'cause no one is texting or calling me is not what I had in mind when I thought of that sentence. So instead, I could either call or text someone, or try to have a good time by myself. And so I went out and had a blast with my brother.


I'm not being selfish, I'm being realistic. I believe happiness is a choice you make. You either choose to see things in a certain way, or you don't. Until recently, I was seeing everything in grey. But I realized through something my dad once told me, which is "Life is beautiful if you look at it through the right pair of glasses," that you can choose to see things a different way. So, I've decided that it's time for me to see things in a brighter light. Besides, I have many positive things in my life, despite the negatives. I should be grateful for the nice things surrounding me.
However, I truly and genuinely hope that my ex will feel better soon and that he will see the light. I care for him dearly and I'm looking forward to the moment we will be able to be friends again.

Sending a happy, positive thought to whoever's who's reading,
Alexx -xox-

No comments:

Post a Comment