November 12, 2011

NOTD & Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Review

I showed you this nail polish in my birthday haul and I decided to write a review because I thought you might be interested.

The nail polish in question is Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Grape Going!

First of all, the color is really hard to describe. It's sometimes blue, purple, grey, or green, depending on how the light hits it. 
It is not a glittery color, I simply added glitter on my ring finger.
The brush is very wide, stiff and flat, which took some getting used to. It seemed hard to distribute the color on the nail smoothly.
The consistency of the polish seems more gooey than regular nail polishes, which was again weird to me. The first coat went on very sheer. It took 2-3 coats total to get a solid color, and even then, it seemed there were spots where you could sort of see through.
As far as the quality goes, I don't really know what to say. It does dry pretty fast, which is what it's meant to do. However, after finishing my manicure, I realized I had little bubbles on my nails. Was it because of the nail polish or the top coat I used? I cannot tell...
Also, the third day of wear, which is today, I went to work with it. I usually wear gloves but I work in a pastry shop so I have to use my hands a lot. It did start to chip, but it isn't very noticeable.

So, you be the judge!

By the way, I got my second MAC product! Expect a review soon :)

Tell me: What's your favorite brand of nail polishes? What's your favorite color of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment