December 11, 2011

Open Box: Coastal Scents Smokey Palette

*This is not an in-depth review; it's my first impressions after a couple of uses*
On Black Friday, I was determined to purchase something online. There were all these amazing sales and I didn't know where to start! 
I ended up purchasing only the Smokey Palette from Coastal Scents, which was at $9.99 instead of $19.99. With shipping and taxes, it came up to $18-something... for 36 eyeshadows, I'd say that's a pretty good deal! So I purchased it on the November 25th and on December 6th, it was at my door, so I must say shipping from the U.S. to Canada wasn't that long...

Anyways, here are the pictures!
Packaging for this small palette was insane... So much stuffing to make sure it wouldn't break!
I even had huge bubble wrap around it! This reminds me, I gotta go play with it after I post this...
They also sent me a sample of one of their pigments!
This is what the cardboard box of the palette looks like. When I opened it, the palette was also sealed with fine plastic. Come to think of it, eco-friendly people must be going insane with all this unnecessary packaging... but I must admit I would've been PISSED if anything was broken.
The palette itself! It has a nice sleek matte finish, which is great for those who hate fingerprints on their stuff. It also closes well so you don't  have to be afraid it'll pop open.
The colors! There is a nice variety of shades, both matte and shimmery. The concept of this palette is that you get 6 sets of 6 eyeshadows that are great to create different smokey eyes. From top to bottom, left to right, you get: golds/warm colors, greens, purples/plums, neutral/black, blue, and pink/violet shades.There are also a bunch of colors that are great to use regularly, such as the matte black which is pretty well pigmented, and some nice shimmers for all over the eyelid. It's great if you want to start experimenting with color, which was my purpose for buying this.
Picture of the shadows with flash. We can see the shimmery shades better on this one... 
Overall, for the price I got this palette, I think it was totally worth it and I can't wait to experiment with it more! I might share with you pictures of looks that I'll create with this palette if any of you are interested.

If you have this palette, what are your thoughts on it, or on any other Coastal Scents products? If you don't, would you purchase it? What palette is on your wish-list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment