December 16, 2011

Review: Clairol Nice 'n' Easy Foam Hair Dye



For the love of everyone's hair, I thought it'd be good to give you my opinion on a hair dye I used today.
I believe that everyone has different experiences and different criteria for what a good product is, so my opinion may not be the same as yours.
Today, I tried Clairol's Nice 'n' Easy Foam hair dye in the color Medium Brown. I wanted something close to my natural color because my hair grows out fast and roots are always a problem. I bought this particular hair dye because I wanted to try out the Foam formula, and this was on sale when I went in my local pharmacy.

First of all, I find that the color payoff I got was pretty similar to what the box indicated, if only slightly darker. No, I didn't find the right color to match my natural hair color.

Secondly, the Foam texture had pros and cons. It was easy to apply, but the hair seemed to stick together more than it does with liquid formulas, which made it hard to distribute the hair dye everywhere after a certain point. It doesn't work like they show in commercials, that you simply use it as a shampoo. As soon as the foam touches the hair, it becomes liquid.

The biggest problem I had with this hair dye was the product itself. It had a very powerful and overwhelming smell of chemicals. It was so intense that I had to open a window and stick my head outside to breath fresh air. I also felt like the smell lingered in my nose all day! Seriously, I felt like I inhaled tons of toxic chemicals. I had a very hard time enjoying the dyeing process because of the smell.
It also stained way more than other dyes. I got some on my sink and it wouldn't go with water and soap, whereas other hair dyes with a similar color would wash off, even after drying. Let's not even mention how much I had to exfoliate my neck to get it off...
Rinsing out the product also made my hair feel really dry and even applying the conditioner it came with didn't seem to be enough. I have healthy hair but for those who don't, I think you should avoid this. I had to use Moroccan Oil to make it feel soft.

Final thoughts? I'd rate this product 1.5 stars out of 5, and I certainly won't repurchase this ever!
Have you tried this hair dye before? What are your thoughts? What's your favorite hair dye?

1 comment:

  1. many of my friends have used this dye and all recomend it to me, i feel that it depends on the length of your hair as the longer it is the harder it is to apply all over.

    ReplyDelete