February 27, 2012

NOTD & Review: Classy manicure

Yesterday, I decided to finally paint my nails!
It had been such a long time, but I wanted to go with something very natural, mainly because I wanted to try a new nail polish my mom bought.

Excuse the dry cuticles :S
*Drumroll...* Review time!

I wanna talk about the three products I used on my nails.
First, my base coat.
Misa Base Coat - 7.95 $CAD
This is from Misa and it works great. Don't worry, it doesn't make your nails look pink-y, it goes on sheer. However, it works so well 'cause it's slightly adhesive after drying, which makes the nail polish adhere better to it. Not only that, but it's really meant to protect your nails from getting stained!

The nail polish I used is from OPI, called Bubble Bath.
OPI Bubble Bath - 9.95 $CAD
My mom is yellow under-toned, so she thought it looked to pink-y on her nails. Since I'm more of a pink undertone, I find that it's a great nude for me! Absolutely nothing bad to say. I does need 2 coats to be more opaque, and it dries pretty quickly.

My top coat was also from Misa.
Misa Top Coat - 7.95 $CAD
It does wonders! It dries and creates a shield on your nail polish to protect it from everything. My nails are really dry and thin, but after using these 3 products, I feel like I have gel nails on or something! They have never felt as strong as now. And needless to say, the quality of the top coat is great: no bubbles. I have only worn this for a day but usually, I always chip my nail polish the first day.. not this time. And I did hit my nails on pretty hard surfaces... not a scratch.

I definitely recommend these 3 products!!


♥ Journey to Healthy Update
Last week was pretty good. I managed to eat all of my fruits and veggies like planned.
I did do my three workouts, although I skipped a couple during the week so I had to do 2 Sunday night to achieve my goal.
Next week, I want to do the same thing.
Practice makes perfect! The more you do it, the more you get used to it.
Check out the three workouts I have to do this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment