March 20, 2011

The First Day of Spring!

Hello!
Today's the first day of spring in Canada, and it sure looks like it! The sun is shining, the sky is almost clear. They are announcing a high of 5 degrees Celsius today, which is pretty amazing! The snow has melted on the streets and sidewalks, all that's left is a bit of snow in people's backyards. It's just a very cheerful day!
By the way, fun fact that will make this first day of Spring memorable: my brother woke me up because he found a BIRD in our kitchen. A bird! It got in through the cooker hood...and it pooped all over the place! Let's just say mom wasn't very happy to clean bird sh*t first thing on a Sunday morning.
Unfortunately, I doubt that Winter is done for good. Usually, we get snow in April, so Winter might make a comeback in the following weeks. However, maybe, (and this is the only good thing I see about global warming), we're actually done with that nasty cold weather!
Obviously, Spring means the end of the school year is getting nearer, which I personally cannot wait for, because I can't wait for prom!! Mine is on June 27th, if you're wondering. 
Even though the weather will be gorgeous today, I'll be stuck at the library, finishing off some school work. I have loads of projects and homework to hand in during the next two weeks, which is making it pretty hard to..have a life.
Anyways, hope you are blessed with awesome weather and if so, hope you take advantage of it and get out of the house!
xox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment