May 23, 2011

A Go-To Review Website??

Today, my mom has spent her whole day on this website she stumbled upon called Beautypedia. As soon as she told me of it, I thought: "What's up with the name? Sounds like Wikipedia... and all my teachers hate the concept... so it must suck!" But, I still checked it out and it's pretty interesting. 
The creator of this site is Paula Begoun. Some might have seen her on CNN, Oprah, or even Dr.Oz. She's "The Cosmetics Cop". On this site, she reviews products with a very precise criteria, and gives her recommendations. She also has her own makeup line, but that doesn't prevent her from recommending products on the market.


Here's how she started:
"I created Paula’s Choice as a result of my own frustrations when I was a teenager trying to find products for my problem skin and then, later in life, for wrinkles and skin discolorations. My complexion was a mess and, like many of you, the skin-care products I used either didn’t help or made matters worse."
One of her many books!
I looked up some things on this website and was surprised with the rating she gave them. 
The thing I really like is that she justifies her reviews, so you don't just get a rating without explanation.
Another thing I really like is the fact that she believes that you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good product that does the job! 
Honestly, you should check out Beautypedia just because I think you might like it, especially when you're wondering "I need a good ____! What should I try??"
xox :)

2 comments:

  1. Pour mes ongles, j'utilise 2 produits Yves Rocher! Le Soin ongles fortifiés environ une fois par semaine avant de me coucher quand je n'ai pas de vernis et j'utilise la base Anti-casse - Base ongles renforcés avant de mettre du vernis. Mes ongles ne se dédoublent presque plus et ils sont beaucoup plus dur qu'avant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. & c'est un super site, merci de l'avoir partagé :)

    ReplyDelete