July 26, 2011

Something to remember

Recently, I wasn't as happy as I could be. I'm currently reading a book written by a psychologist and it's called "Psychology of happy people"... It hasn't been translated in English, it's a french book. But it couldn't have come at a better time. Although I find this book very interesting, I don't think I'll share with you what I learn from it. However, in this article, I thought I'd simply gather a few quotes which have really helped me be better.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
- Frederick Keonig

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
- Herman Cain

“Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.”

“Happiness is like a kiss...you must share it to enjoy it.”

“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”
- Albert Einstein

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
- Mark Twain

1 comment: