July 15, 2011

VOTW: Bright Has Never Been More Wearable!

For this VOTW post, I decided to feature a tutorial. I'll try to change up the types of videos I share with you just so we don't get bored here!
It was reaaaally hard to pick my favorite tutorial this week, because my two "finalists" are both amazing makeup artists and their looks are both very creative! 
First, there was Michelle Phan, with her wearable rainbow look. I've seen this one only yesterday but I was really impressed. The second one is by Marlena from Makeup Geek. It was a cocktail inspired look, who turned out to be super simple yet the combination looks amazing. Now, I only have to pick one, so I had to make some choices. 
Since one of the tutorials is 1 week old, I decided to go with the most recent one, which is Marlena's video. This look is inspired by a cocktail called the Appletini. Now, I have no idea what that tastes like since I'm underage and haven't really experimented with cocktails yet, but it sure looks delish! According to Wikipedia, 
"An apple martini (appletini for short) is a cocktail containing vodka and one or more of apple juiceapple ciderapple liqueur, or apple brandy. Optionally, vermouthmay be included, as in a regular martini. Typically, the apple vodka is shaken or stirred with a sweet and sour mix and then strained into a cocktail glass."
Marlena is such a genius that she managed to incorporate green and pink into her look without making it look too dramatic and over the top! Honestly, I don't wear very dramatic makeup but I'd totally wear this!
Hope you guys enjoy it... Show it some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment