August 14, 2011

My trip and a little makeup haul!

First things first, I think I gotta apologize for the lack of articles during the past week. 
As those who follow me on Twitter might know, I was on vacation and although I really wanted to update my blog, the wi-fi there was pretty unreliable so I couldn't do much!

I had a blast in Maine. I was there with my boyfriend and his family, including his sister who's hilarious! We were laughing all along and it was great. We went to the beach, played mini-putt, watched Crazy Stupid Love (great movie!), shopped in Boston, and took it easy. I really enjoyed my time there and I hope I can go there again soon with them! Here are some pictures which were actually taken last year in the same place (I didn't have a camera this year with me!) :

Now, onto the haul! As I was in the United States, I knew I could find cheaper makeup than in Canada. So there I went, destination: the drugstore! Let me just add that my boyfriend didn't let me get unreasonable and spend as much as I could have. For $28, here's what I got:
Wet n Wild Trio in Knock on Wood
I got this because I really wanted a sort of burgundy shade and that bottom one is amaaaazing. 
These swatches are without primer. Look at that crazy pigmentation! And it was only like 3-4$. FYI, these are shimmery shades, but it's not chunky glitter in them.
Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Roller
I got this as it was in one of my wishlist articles. It retails for over 20$ here, and there it was 13! I've tried it 2-3 times and so far, I like it! It's slightly pigmented and also gives a light to medium coverage on your dark circles!
NYC Smooch Proof 16H LipStain in Coral Reef.
I think it was about time I got a lipstain so my boyfriend won't complain about getting lipstick all over... This shade is really cute!
Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White
I really wanted something for the lower waterline to make me look more awake! This is gonna be my best friend during school, although it's not suuuper long lasting.
Wet n Wild Single Shadow in Brulee - From what I've heard, an excellent dupe for MAC's Brulee!
You can't barely see it and that's the point: it matches my skin tone awesomely! This is gonna be my go-to nude color for my eyelids!
Tell me, what have you done and where have you been this Summer??

2 comments:

  1. Great pics and haul!!!! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les ombres WNW ont l'air superbes, il faudrait que je me décide à en acheter!

    ReplyDelete